Is stress getting the best of you? Feeling frazzled, overwhelmed, or riddled with anxiety? Perhaps you feel you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders? I’ve been there!
What if I told you there’s a secret to reduce your stress, get more sleep, eat right and move your body more?
Would you want it?
What if that same secret also helped create healthy habits, quiet your inner critic, and fill life with more happiness and positivity?
Would you want it more?
What if you already have this miracle secret within you and all you have to do is choose to activate it?
Would you believe me?
Well, it’s true!! The secret is MINDFULNESS!!
Mindfulness is all about paying attention to one’s thinking, emoting, experiencing, doing (or not doing), and BE-ing on a moment-to-moment basis and it can be applied to so many areas of life:
- Physical Surroundings
Yet, so many of us go through our day to day actions never giving it a second thought.
Why would we?
Mindfulness and awareness were not taught to us in school, so unless (or until) we begin to work on personal development, many of us have a tendency to operate from a place of lack and get stuck in a world of guilt, shame, anger, or pain.
We blame others and life for our circumstances and everything that happens to us instead of seeing it as happening FOR us.
Beliefs of our world around us begin forming around age 6 and are based on our environment, life experiences, memories, traumas, and childhood. Through the years we:
- Create stories around those same beliefs. Our mind carries those stories with us for decades as protection. Stories around that scarcity and lack develop into feelings of not-enoughness, self-doubt, fears, and self-sabotaging habits over time that robs us of our confidence and self-esteem. Staying safe becomes less scary than stepping out of our comfort zone.
- Hear the stories and negative self-talk replaying in our mind so often we begin to believe them as truth and assume life will always be “just the way it is”.
- Live in comfort of that same fear, playing it safe. We believe the chatter in our head instead of trusting our heart in knowing there’s another way of “being”: that we have a choice!
- Set unrealistic expectations for ourselves. These expectations add to our daily stressors or overwhelm and end up living in judgment and comparison of self and others. Perfectionistic tendencies can develop, driving the self-imposed pressure of our own expectations.
Our past circumstances don’t define who we are at our core.
When we begin opening up our self-awareness, we become aware of some of our behaviors, beliefs, emotions, and memories. This can be scary at first since we’re pros at keeping ourselves busy, numb, or distracted to avoid facing any discovery deep within ourselves – especially emotions.
We are continuously overworking, overextending, overindulging, overthinking, and stuffing instead of dealing with them. But as we begin to understand we are at choice for everything our lives, we gain a new perspective on what we can empower ourselves with to create the change we’re looking for. Especially when we realize it already lives inside us.
With mindfulness, we begin to slow down and see more clearly the areas of our lives where those behaviors and beliefs no longer serve us. When we’re tired of the same result we will then do anything to create the change we desire.
I believe every human is capable of change if they want it badly enough, but the decision has to come from within.
Here are 6 easy ways you can practice mindfulness in your daily life.
- Sit in stillness & observe your breathing.
- Eat mindfully.
- Walk mindfully.
- Listen wholeheartedly.
- Trust yourself more.
- Get lost in the flow of doing things you love.
I’ll be expanding upon each of these in future blog posts, so stay tuned!
To help you begin with the first two:
- Sit in stillness
- Observe your breathing
Grab my FREE download Easy Meditation Techniques
Let me know what you notice as you begin your mindfulness practice. I’d love to hear from you!
Join My Up-Level Tribe
It all begins with making the decision to consciously shift and up-level your life! Click here to subscribe for weekly tips in discovering your authentic AMAZINGNESS!!! ~ Michele